10 Signs Your Team is Effective
Forget the typical new year’s resolutions about flossing more or getting to the gym. If you’re a manager, we’ve got your new year’s resolutions right here.
One of the biggest challenges that your business faces is the challenge of finding qualified employees to fill your company needs. This challenge can be compounded when looking for individuals to fill temporary staffing needs. There are considerable costs that are incurred in connection with this. Using a temp staffing agency can help to reduce these costs.
Today’s workforce is constantly evolving. From Baby Boomers to Generation Y, hard working members of society have adapted new work styles which include more technical skills, remote working and social responsibility.
Motivating your team can be more art than science, but here are four techniques that will increase your chances of finding the right fuel:
Facebook graph optimization
Top 10 Signs You’re happy at Work.
In the usual frustrations that come from working with other human beings, sometimes it’s easy to miss these signs that we really do love what do every day.
These are all quite personal reasons, but organization leadership can do a great deal to foster a work environment and culture of recognition in which it’s easier for employees to love their jobs.
- You have friends at work. We simply want to work with and for people we like and respect.
- You enjoy helping your colleagues. You’re as invested in their success as in your own.
- You’re shocked that it’s already 4:00 in the afternoon. The days fly by because you’re engaged in and enjoy what you’re doing.
- You hate it when you’re sick because people are counting on you! You don’t want to let anyone down, though you know others are more than happy to fill in for you while you recover.
- Weekends are just a way to recharge for Monday. You never have a “case of the Mondays” because the work you do matters to you.
- You look for ways to share credit with others. You don’t feel the need to hoard credit to prove your worth. You want everyone to share in the success.
- “Going the extra mile” is just the way you work. You’ve never “worked-to-rule” because it’s just natural to do more and exceed everyone’s expectations.
- Typical “annoyances” at work just don’t bother you all that much. Let’s face it. Work and the work environment are never perfect, but the usual petty problems tend to roll of your back because you’re focused on the bigger issues.
- You find yourself looking for solutions instead of griping about problems with your colleagues. Instead of complaining around the water cooler (or coffee machine), you and your friends chat about ways to make things better and run more smoothly.
- You know what you do matters and makes a difference to the bigger picture. You’re able to focus on the big picture because you fully understand how what you do every day helps turn that picture into a masterpiece.
What are some other signs that you love what you do?
Originally published by:
You can find more from Derek Irvine on his Recognize This! blog.
Originally posted by CBS News:
Millions of jobs are waiting to be filled, but employers say they can't find qualified workers because of "the skills gap." Byron Pitts reports.