Our client is currently seeking a Sales Assistant. This is a full time, temporary to permanent position. The hours are 9:30 am -5:00 pm Monday-Friday. The salary will be $18/hour.
In this role you will provide support to the sales managers, sales representatives and marketing staff by maintaining effective communications and providing them with sales data, requested materials, and other relevant support services.
Duties for the Sales Assistant include:
- Prepare, distribute, review and evaluate sales reports on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis as appropriate.
- Maintain sales tracing and commissions sales database
- Review distributor reports for trends and notify management of any unusual patterns
- Maintain and update the company intranet and salesperson listing on a regular basis.
- Become fully proficient in order processing and shipping documentation, especially with international orders.
- Fulfill customer service duties
- Assist with market research activities as needed
- Report on market share and trends for current products
- Conduct market analysis and build forecast models that will be used to create a business case to support decisions regarding investment in potential new product ideas
- Provide administrative support to Marketing and/or Product Development in arrangement of focus groups
- Answer incoming telephone calls and transfer calls to appropriate parties
- Represent the company at various conventions as needed.
- Attend annual sales meeting and managers meeting as required
Qualifications for the Sales Assistant include:
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English well
- Polished, professional manner with an ability to interact confidently with healthcare professionals, upper management, direct sales representatives and manufacturers' representatives, and outside consultants is required
- Must be self-motivated and capable of setting priorities with a minimum of supervision.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vacation, and Holiday Pay.
Employees come to work for The Alpha Group because they know we have the most clients in New England. We are a respected and reputable staffing firm. Our reputation of providing quality training and successful placements sets us apart from the competition.