Take a moment and think about the amount of waste that is generated in just a week. With computer paper, electricity, and Styrofoam cups there is so much we can do to help promote a greener workplace!
- Turn off your office light when you go to lunch and leave for the day – it helps save electricity, and people will know you are not at your desk
- Declutter your e-mail inbox and desk. Do you have old, unread e-mails you no longer need? If it’s not important, delete it. Recycle or reuse unneeded papers in your desk.
- Think before you print. Can you reuse a paper you’ve already printed on? Can you use an electronic copy instead?
- If you’re the last one to leave at the end of the day, turn your thermostat down to 68°.
- Shut down and turn off your computer each night before you leave.
- Be mindful of the number of paper towels, napkins, and other paper products you use.
See the attached for some helpful suggestions on how you can make a change every day that will help the environment: