JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 3373

Alpha Cares: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Posted by

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! In the United States, about 1 in every 8 women will develop an invasive breast cancer over her lifetime. The two most significant risk factors of breast cancer are being a woman and growing older. However it is possible that a man or a young person could develop breast cancer. 

It’s the most deadly cancer for women other than lung cancer. About 15 percent of those diagnosed with breast cancer have a relative who also has been diagnosed. When a person has a family member with this disease, their probabilities of having it doubles. The other 85% of people diagnosed do not have a relative with breast cancer. However, through raising funds, awareness, and health studies, the breast cancer incidence rate has been dropping since 2000. 

Want to show your support? Join The Alpha Group each Friday in October for our “Wear Pink Days” to help raise awareness. And don’t forget to share with us by using #alphacares and #wearpink !

Read 469 times