- New EEOC ADA Q&As. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issued new guidance on accommodating cancer, diabetes, epilepsy and intellectual disabilities.
- The latest on Health Care Reform. Here’s a bevy of helpful (and free) Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act resources. Here’s the final U.S. Department of Labor rule on PPACA and wellness programs, along with SHRM’s take. And here’s the new COBRA model election notice necessitated by PPACA.
- I-9 Audit Explosion. Now is not the time for bad I-9s. Here’s the new form. And here’s the latest on the government crackdown on I-9 fraud.
- GINA is real. Liability under the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act is no longer theoretical. The EEOC settled the first GINA case last month.
- No more paper I-94. The Department of Homeland Security announced that it is discontinuing the paper version of the I-94 form used by most foreign nationals entering the U.S.
- Vet licensing initiative. The Department of Defense launched a new public/private effort to help boost veteran employment by providing licensing opportunities.
Originally published by: