COVID-19 Employee Resources (5)
Returning to Work: Alpha Answers Employees Frequently Asked Questions
As we return to work and begin this "new reality" in our workplaces, we understand that many employees and clients are concerned about safety. We want every employee and client to be assured that we are taking your concerns and the well-being of our employees and clients very seriously. To help communicate and assist you with the changes we are providing you with answers to employees' frequently asked questions.
Q: What is ALPHA doing to keep everyone healthy and safe?
A: The following steps have been implemented:
- All employees and visitors entering our buildings will be screened for COVID-10 symptoms and possible exposure. They must do a self-screening by answering the questions on Alpha's Health Screening form.
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces are being cleaned daily. Cleaning supplies will be available, and employees are encouraged to clean and disinfect workspaces throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and masks are provided in the office foyer.
- Posters are displayed with reminders on how to prevent the spread of germs.
- On-site business hours have been modified to allow for staggered work shifts to reduce the number of people in the building at one time. The Alpha Group staff is working remotely, unless needed to be in the office for prescheduled meetings.
- Workspace layouts and seating arrangements are revised to allow for social distancing.
- Meeting rooms, break rooms, and other communal areas have reduced seating and capacity limits.
- Alpha's safety protocol has been implemented and reviewed with all Alpha staff members.
Q: What can YOU do to keep everyone healthy and safe?
A: We encourage everyone to do their part in keeping those around them safe by continuing to:
- Stay home or go home if you are sick.
- Maintain social distancing practices in the workplace.
- Follow cleaning product instructions when cleaning your work areas.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear a face covering.
- Replace handshakes with head nods and waves.
- Avoid using other employees' phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Talk to your manager if you have concerns specific to your circumstances, such as a health condition that places you or someone in your household at high risk.
- Follow all company policies and practices.
- Be kind. Understand that this is a stressful time for everyone, and an extra bit of kindness right now can go a long way!
Is it safe to return to work?
A: We and our clients are taking every precaution to ensure the worksites are safe. We are following federal health and safety guidelines as well as guidance from state and local governments. We are implementing practices such as employee health screenings and social distancing practices to keep our workplace healthy.
What if I can't get to work?
A: It is likely that some employees will have to change their normal commuting practice. Using mass transit may not be an option or may be considered too risky for some. You should take steps now to identify all potential options for a safe commute, such as using a personal vehicle or ride-share services. If you have difficulty with transportation to work, please call Alpha's Human Resources department.
What should I do if I feel sick?
A: Employees who feel ill should notify The Alpha Group immediately, per the company policy and not report to work. If you are already at work and begin feeling sick, you should notify your onsite supervisor, as well as The Alpha Group, and then go home immediately.
Do I have to wear a mask at work?
A: We highly recommend you wear a face mask at work. Employees in positions with frequent person-to-person contact are required to wear masks. If you have a medical condition that restricts you from waring one, or if you do not have a mask, please speak with The Alpha Group's human resources.
How will positive cases of COVID-19 be handled in the workplace?
A: Despite all precautionary measures, there is always a risk of workplace exposure to communicable diseases. Should an employee contract COVID-19 and expose others in your workplace, your manager will immediately inform all employees of the possible exposure. Employees who have been potentially exposed will be sent home and asked to self-quarantine for 7 to 14 days. A thorough cleaning of the workplace used by the infected individual will be conducted after the area has been closed off.
If you have any additional questions, please contact The Alpha Group's human resources department.
Alpha's Safety Protocol for Meeting with Clients, Employees, and Applicants in the Office
The health and safety of our clients, employees, and staff is our top priority. To ensure in-person meetings continue to safeguard all individuals Alpha has set up the following safety protocols when meetings are held at our office.
Alpha's COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
All meetings are by appointment only
Applicant / Employee will text or call the person they made an appointment with to meet them at the door and let them into the office.
Human Resources (Lory Taylor): 207-776-1134
Payroll (Jennifer Corby): 508-840-9875
Sales (Chris Lihzis): 508-280-7388
Sales (Jessica Kegler): 608-234-2960
Alpha staff member will greet visitor at the door. Prior to entering the office the visitor will be asked if they have read the standard CDC checklist questions. There will be hand sanitizer and masks on a table outside the door for visitors to use at their discretion.
While maintaining social distance (6-feet apart), the visitor will be led to the meeting area.
Social distance (6-feet apart) will be maintained while visitor is seated for interviewing or being assisted with paperwork.
If the visitor is using an Alpha pen, they will take the pen with them at the end of the meeting.
Alpha staff will use disinfection wipes pre and post visits, as well as wear a mask.
If you have any questions, please contact Alpha's Human Resources Department: 207-776-1134
Stay Safe and Healthy!
The Alpha Group
61 East Main St, Norton, MA 02766 / Tel: 508-285-8500 / Fax: 508-285-4000
Alpha's Employee COVID-19 Health Assessment
The CDC requires us to ask these questions. We are asking you to do a self-evaluation health assessment. Do not enter the office, report to work, or apply to work if you say "YES" to any of the following questions: Please contact our Human Resources Department: 207-776-1134.
Question 1: Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Chills and Body Aches
- Nausea or Vomiting
Question 2: Do you have a member of your household suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19?
Question 3: Have you recently been in a large gathering with 10 people or more not wearing mask and not social distancing?
- To social distance - 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands often
- Wear a facemask*
* We require you to bring a face mask with you every day to work. If you do not have a mask, please call Human Resources 207-776-1134 and one will be provided to you.
Be safe and thank you for your understanding.
The Alpha Group
61 East Main St, Norton, MA 02766 / Tel: 508-285-8500 / Fax 508-285-4000
Helping Employees Stay Up-to-Date on COVID-19
At The Alpha Group we feel it's important to provide our candidates and employees with up-to-date resources on staying healthy and safe during COVID-19 and when returning to work. To assist you with this links to external sites that provide valuable information are listed below, and will be added to as new ones become available.
COVID-19 Information Links:
March 12, 2020
To: All Employees
We, at The Alpha Group, Inc., understand your concern about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and our hearts go out to all of you who've been touched by this in your lives.
We want to keep our employees healthy and safe. Please think about washing your hands many times during the day, using hand sanitizer, and coughing or sneezing into your sleeves or tissue. Be aware of your co-works and your teams to ensure that anyone is cooperating and taking the necessary steps to keep your environment free of germs. Follow regular cleaning practices using a disinfectant formulated to kill the coronavirus.
We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action for all of our employees.
For the latest information about coronavirus, we encourage you to visit the link below:
At The Alpha Group, Inc. we truly care about your health and well-being. We value you as an employee, particularly during these challenging times, and we thank you for your commitment and for being part of our team.
Stay Positive and Be Well!
Human Resources Director