Displaying items by tag: I9


Employees may present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C. All documents must be UNEXPIRED 



Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Authorization

1. U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card

2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)

3. Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa

4. Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

5. For a non immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer because of his or her status:

a. Foreign passport; and

b. Form I-94 or Form I-94A that has the following:

(1) The same name as the passport; and

(2) An endorsement of the alien's non-immigrant status as long as that period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.

6. Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating non-immigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI



Documents that Establish Identity

1. Driver's license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

2. ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

3. School ID card with a photograph

4. Voter's registration card

5. U.S. Military card or draft record

6. Military dependent's ID card

7. U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

8. Native American tribal document 5. Native American tribal document

9. Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:

10. School record or report card

11. Clinic, doctor, or hospital record

12. Day-care or nursery school record



Documents that Establish Employment Authorization

1. A Social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:




2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)

3. Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)

4. Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal

5. Native American tribal document 

6. U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197) 

7. Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)

8. Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security














Tagged under

Nothing says "Welcome to the Company" like having new employees fill out paperwork on their first day. While some of that paperwork can be delayed, the federal government demands that employers fill out one certain form within three days—the infamous Employment Eligibility Verification Form, or I-9 Form as it's known.

Tagged under

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has published a 30-day notice in the Federal Register inviting public comment on proposed changes to the current Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. The USCIS also told employers to continue to use the current Form I-9 until the new version is released even though the current Form I-9 displays “Expires 03/31/2016” in the upper right hand corner.